My idea for sunscreen balls feels like a neverending quest–even though the voting campaign only started in the spring. Good news: Volition Beauty has lined up a lab to start making prototypes. BUTT my balls won’t move any further unless the vote goal is met. So pleeeaase vote HERE. Only a week left! My balls thank you.
Renee and I stumbled on a display at the Sephora in Tyson’s Corner (in northern Virginia, just outside DC). Yes, that’s Renee in a catte shirt.
The selection mirrors those available on the Sephora site but is a fraction of the products that Volition makes and sells on its own site.
True to Volition’s mission, the products are distinguishable from a lot of the typical products out there:
- Detoxifying Silt Gelee Mask (Sephora link): A non-drying mud mask that is Volition’s best-selling product.
- Oceanene Youth-Boost Gel (Sephora link): An anti-aging moisturizer in a gel consistency.
- Helix AM/PM Eye Gel (Sephora link): A snail mucin eye gel that also works under makeup.
- Turmeric Brightening Polish (Sephora link): A scrub that smooths and brightens.
- Oil-Control Mattifying Mist (Sephora link): A mist that absorbs oil (but the third ingredient is SD Alcohol 40-B, which some say is drying and others say is beneficial when used in conjunction with other skincare ingredients).
I swatched most of these and they had lovely, elegant consistencies to be expected from high-end skincare. Sephora also has the updated rose gold packaging. Swoon!