With a name like that, this palette was just asking to be covered in cats!
The Adorable Shadow Palette ($7.50 for 6 shadows x 0.035 oz. each; provided for consideration by NYX) features neutral shades plus a bright pop of pink.
- Matte dark cool brown
- Matte warm caramel
- Matte peach-toned ivory with silver micro shimmer (this one almost disappears into my skintone)
- Matte brown with gold micro shimmer
- Matte warm blossom pink
- Matte stark white
The first 4 colors are pigmented, and in particular, I really like the matte warm caramel (the second shade). It applies and blends smoothly and is a great lid shade and socket/transition shade.
The last 2 shades–pink and white–were tougher to work with. They’re a little bit hard and need to be packed on atop a white base to really show up. (I used NYX’s white base. Swatches were all done over bare skin.) The photos above were taken in warm, late afternoon light whereas the one below was done in more neutral natural light.
Here are some looks I did:
- Adorable Palette (all colors; pink shade on inner lid was applied over NYX white base)
- Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint in Light on forehead; Innisfree Water Glow Cushion in #23 True Beige everywhere else
- NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette (provided for consideration by NYX)
- Innisfree Creamy Tint Lip Mousse in 3 (patted on lightly)
- Adorable Palette (all colors except the pink)
- Innisfree Water Glow Cushion in #23 True Beige
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 92 Emotion
Pros: Works well as a neutral palette. Most shades are pigmented.
Cons: Pink and white shades aren’t pigmented enough to be used alone (although the white used alone works as a subtle highlighter).
Update June 2015: Store this away from sunlight. I left this on my dresser, where bright sun slips through the closed blinds and can get quite warm. The bright pink shade faded into nothing!